Thursday, March 19, 2009

How to let your kid decide the craft


My 3 year old, Lilo, turned our black cat into a rainbow cat this morning - she's magical :)

So I thought of a kids craft that I've seen on No Time for Flashcards where she made a rainbow.

I brought the coloured paper up so we could make a rainbow. Of course when I suggested making a rainbow to Lilo, she suggested a rainbow cat. I thought that sounded like a good idea.


I drew out a cat shape on a piece of white paper. Then she helped cut out strips of coloured paper which we then glued on the cat drawing. I then cut out the cat when we were done covering all the cat parts. Then glued it on a clean piece of white paper which Lilo then decorated. The eyes were Lilo's idea, they are just rolled pieces of paper, and the nose she tore a piece.

I think it turned out very cute.

Kids sometimes have the best ideas.

3 comments:

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

That is so cute, Vone & Lilo!! I love it! Adorable!

GianneCurry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GianneCurry said...

Very cute! I am your newest follower!

Gianne at cowsgomooandducksgoquack.blogspot.com